The Health Benefits of Living in a New Home
Does your home affect your health? Do you believe that where you live can have an impact on your health and well-being – for better or worse?
Radio National recently reported that research showed retrofitting older houses with insulation prevented one death for every 1000 homes insulated. Now imagine what happens when you begin with new materials and higher building standards that New Zealand has had in years past. You’re positioned to live in a healthier space!
Benefits of New Homes
- New homes are warmer because the insulation standard is higher than it previously was. This helps with fewer variations in temperature and provides a warmer house overall. (Plus it helps keep it cool in summer!)
- New homes are drier as the double glazed windows prevent the build-up of moisture in the air. This helps keep the house warm as well because drier air is easier to heat.
- Your new build will be quieter because of the increased insulation and the double glazing of windows. This means a more relaxing space where you can unwind. And if you’re suffering from a migraine or recovering from illness, the quiet will be important.
- Because there will be less moisture in the air, the chances of mould growing are pretty slim. This means the air quality will be better for you and your family.
- Since Manor Build homes are affordable, getting a new house built with us means that you’ll have more income available to maintain your health with healthy food choices and medical care.
- New houses create a less stressful space. If you’re not constantly worried about that leak in the roof, or that the hot water heater might need replacing any day now – you’ll feel less stressed about your home. And because you won’t have to spend hours on renovations, you’ll have more time for your hobbies too.
Whether it’s general well-being, fewer illnesses or children growing up with less cases of asthma – there may be more health benefits to a new house than you think! Contact Manor Build to talk about making the move to a healthier home.